Restoring wholeness and integrity
There is a fundamental and powerful integrity within our bodies; what we’re experiencing makes sense.
When our complexity is coherently coordinated we feel and function as a unified and robust whole.
I work with the body and mind to facilitate opening into new possibilities of performance and daily function.
“What we attend to is magnified in our experience.”
My work brings forward our innate biological integrity, untangling imbalances caused by a lifetime of accumulated stress and trauma that underlies physical, psychological, and emotional symptoms.
I employ my extensive experience, sensitivity and training to calm the physiology, directly through hands-on or intentional touch, or through conversational exploration, to meet you where you are and facilitate your movement into a more fluid and satisfying engagement with life.
My certificates and training include:
- annual residential supervision intensives with Stephen Gilligan, PhD: advanced practice in Generative Trance (2012 – Present)
- Creative Mind series – 15 intensive days with Stephen Gilligan, PhD exploring the keys to generative and sustainable change (2020)
- numerous courses with Thomas Hübl (2016 – Present): “Meditate and Mediate 1 & 2”; “Transparent Communication”; “The Hidden Law”; “Tools for Living a Sacred Life”; “Living Meditation”; Conscious Healing”; “Principles of Collective Trauma”; and others
- Cultivating Emotional Balance Teacher (2019)
- IAGC Practitioner of Generative Change: Generative Trance (IAGC: International Association for Generative Change)
- post-SE training in co-regulating touch: (Kathy Kain, PhD; Stephen Terrell, PsyD)
- Transforming Touch® Practitioner (2019) Transforming the Experience-Based Brain
- Somatic Resilience and Regulation: Early and Developmental Trauma (2017, 2018)
- Touch Skills for Trauma Professionals (2016)
- Organic Intelligence® (OIX – OI Expert) (2016) (Steven Hoskinson, MA)
- Somatic Experiencing® (SE) (SEP 2015)
- registered hypnotherapist (2013)
- the Feldenkrais Method® of somatic education (GCFP 1997)
- undergraduate and graduate work in biology and ecology (BS 1987; MS 1991)
As a trauma survivor myself, I have first-hand experience with the difficulty of moving into feeling whole.