Restoring wholeness and integrity
Eugene Gendlin’s Focusing is *the* approach I find most compelling for relieving the strain of trauma.
Focusing is a way of being with what’s in us, states of tension, distress, unease, feeling scared, feeling stuck – all of the things that come with traumatic experiences.
Focusing is the most gentle, respectful, kind, empowering approach to coming to feel whole that I’ve ever experienced.
In June 2023 I will graduate from a two-year certification program to become a Focusing Professional. I am deeply grateful and humble as I step into a role of teaching and facilitating Focusing for people.
My certificates and training include:
- June 2023 certificate as a Focusing Professional from Focusing Resources, Inc.: Ann Weiser Cornell and Barbara McGavin
- annual residential supervision intensives with Stephen Gilligan, PhD: advanced practice in Generative Trance (2012 – 2021)
- Creative Mind series – 15 intensive days with Stephen Gilligan, PhD exploring the keys to generative and sustainable change (2020)
- numerous courses with Thomas Hübl (2016 – 2020): “Meditate and Mediate 1 & 2”; “Transparent Communication”; “The Hidden Law”; “Tools for Living a Sacred Life”; “Living Meditation”; Conscious Healing”; “Principles of Collective Trauma”; and others
- Cultivating Emotional Balance Teacher (2019)
- IAGC Practitioner of Generative Change: Generative Trance (IAGC: International Association for Generative Change)
- post-SE training in co-regulating touch: (Kathy Kain, PhD; Stephen Terrell, PsyD)
- Transforming Touch® Practitioner (2019) Transforming the Experience-Based Brain
- Somatic Resilience and Regulation: Early and Developmental Trauma (2017, 2018)
- Touch Skills for Trauma Professionals (2016)
- Organic Intelligence® (OIX – OI Expert) (2016) (Steven Hoskinson, MA)
- Somatic Experiencing® (SE) (SEP 2015)
- registered hypnotherapist (2013)
- the Feldenkrais Method® of somatic education (GCFP 1997)
- undergraduate and graduate work in biology and ecology (BS 1987; MS 1991)
And, just to mention, as a trauma survivor myself, I have first-hand experience with the difficulty of moving into feeling whole.