Restoring wholeness and integrity
My base assumption is that there is a fundamental and powerful integrity within our bodies; what we’re experiencing makes sense.
We function as a unified and robust whole when our complexity is coherently coordinated and organized.
I work with the body and mind to facilitate opening into new possibilities of performance and daily function.
“What we attend to is magnified in our experience.”
My work brings forward the deep integrity of our biology to help untangle imbalances caused by the lifetime of accumulated stress and trauma behind physical, psychological, and emotional symptoms.
I apply my extensive training to calm the physiology of stress and trauma, whether directly through hands-on contact or through conversational exploration, to meet you where you are and facilitate your movement into a more fluid and coordinated engagement with life.
My training includes:
- certification in the Feldenkrais Method® of movement education (GCFP 1997)
- certification and registration as a hypnotherapist (2013)
- a certificate in Somatic Experiencing® (SE) (SEP 2015)
- post-SE training in co-regulating touch
- Touch Skills for Trauma Professionals (2016)
- Somatic Resilience and Regulation (2017, 2018)
- Transforming the Experience-Based Brain (2019)
- Generative Trance (training since 2012; certificate anticipated 2019)
- Cultivating Emotional Balance Teacher (2019) – a fusion of meditation and secular Tibetan Buddhism with the science of emotions
- undergraduate and graduate work in biology and ecology
I am also a trauma survivor, which has given me first-hand experience of difficulty and the path into feeling whole.