Restoring wholeness and integrity
My base assumption is that there is a fundamental and powerful integrity within our bodies; what we’re experiencing makes sense.
We function as a unified and robust whole when our complexity is coherently coordinated and organized.
I work with the body and mind to facilitate opening into new possibilities of performance and daily function.
“What we attend to is magnified in our experience.”
My work brings forward the deep integrity of our biology to help untangle imbalances caused by the lifetime of accumulated stress and trauma behind physical, psychological, and emotional symptoms.
I apply my extensive training to calm the physiology of stress and trauma, whether directly through hands-on contact or through conversational exploration, to meet you where you are and facilitate your movement into a more fluid and coordinated engagement with life.
My certificates and training include:
- Cultivating Emotional Balance Teacher (2019)
- IAGC Practitioner of Generative Change: Generative Trance (IAGC: International Association for Generative Change)
- post-SE training in co-regulating touch:
- Transforming Touch® Practitioner (2019) Transforming the Experience-Based Brain
- Somatic Resilience and Regulation: Early and Developmental Trauma (2017, 2018)
- Touch Skills for Trauma Professionals (2016)
- Somatic Experiencing® (SE) (SEP 2015)
- registered hypnotherapist (2013)
- the Feldenkrais Method® of somatic education (GCFP 1997)
- undergraduate and graduate work in biology and ecology
I am also a trauma survivor, giving me first-hand experience of difficulty and moving into feeling whole.